HBIC was established in 2003 to manage the Business & Technology Centre on behalf of Stevenage Borough Council, and as one of the EEDA’s first Enterprise Hubs. HBIC has helped to create new businesses and jobs, as well as providing support to hundreds of knowledge based businesses around the Region and in Stevenage.
Key achievements have included:
- Attracting a wide range of business / academic experts to support our objectives
- Providing a focus for Stevenage and Hertfordshire knowledge based companies
- Creating the conditions for a space / satellite cluster and the UK’s first Space Innovation Centre
- Positioning HBIC to take advantage of ICT, defence and aerospace clustering opportunities
- Promoting Stevenage on the international stage through the UK SatNav competition and pan European / Chinese innovation programmes
- Obtaining publicity by attracting key note speakers such as Lord Digby Jones and Lord Sainsbury
- Establishing working links with Stevenage’s largest employers, EADS Astrium, MBDA and GSK for the benefit of small businesses
Through its board members HBIC supports the following Industry sectors:
- Aerospace and Defence
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
Our partners include GlaxoSmithKline, MBDA, EADS Astrium, Aston Science Park, University of Hertfordshire, EEDA and Stevenage Borough Council.
We have a wealth of support from major market influences and a mature network of trusted relationships.
HBIC is funded by Stevenage Borough Council and the East of England Development Agency (EEDA)